(0) | $0.00

Close

Qty Item Description Price Total
  Subtotal $0.00

View Cart

 

Notre Vue

2015 Balverne Reserve Chardonnay Image

2015 Balverne Reserve Chardonnay
Russian River Valley

Complex aromas of Bosc pear, baked apple, toast and cream, with subtle aromas of almonds and spice. On the palate the wine is multi-layered and smooth textured, showing great intensity and flavors of spicy ripe pear and apple along with notes of toasty French oak. The finish is long and satisfying, with complex notes of oak, spice and hints of minerality.

In Stock
Add To Cart
$33.00
 
SKU: BV.CH.15.RES
Wine Specs
Vintage
2015
Varietal
Chardonnay
Appellation
Russian River Valley
Acid
6.4 g/L
pH
3.61
Aging
15 months, 50% new French oak
Alcohol %
14.9
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
Beautiful Chardonnay fruit provides complex aromas reminiscent of of Bosc pear and baked apple with subtle aromas of almonds and spice. Fifteen months of aging in 50% new Remond and Francois Freres barrels adds an intensity of toasty French oak perfume. On the palate the wine is multi-layered and smooth textured, showing great intensity and flavors of spicy ripe pear and apple along with notes of toasty French oak. The finish of this big, powerful Chardonnay is persistent and unusually satisfying, with complex notes of fruit, oak and spice. A perfect pairing for lobster and for wild mushroom cream sauces, this wine will age gracefully over the next 5 – 10 years.
Vineyard Notes
About 80% of the fruit for this wine is Clone 17 (also known as the “Robert Young” clone) while the remaining 20% is made up of Clone 809 (a musqué clone). Growing in the heavier clay soils typical of the Russian River Valley appellation, these vines offer Chardonnay rich in flavors reminiscent of baked apple and ripe pear. The “musqué” clone adds another level of complexity due to its natural muscat-like spiciness.
Winemaker Notes
Fruit was hand-picked at night and delivered immediately to the winery while still cold. After hand sorting, the grapes were destemmed and pressed, the juice sent to tank for settling. Clean juice was racked off, inoculated and moved to 50% new French oak, a blend of Remond and Francois Freres coopered barrels, for fermentation. The wines were left sur-lie to complete malolactic fermentation and for 15 months of aging with monthly stirring.
Production
131 Cases Produced
Product Reviews
Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product

Leave this field blank: