1. Saute onion, garlic, and thyme in butter until onions are tender.
2. Stir in beef broth and port wine, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce down to ½ cup. Set sauce aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350F
4. In a cast iron skillet, heat oil over high heat and sear both sides of the filets until brown. Place skillet in oven.
5. Roast fillets in the oven for 15 minutes for medium-rare.
6. Remove skillet from the oven and preheat the broiler.
7. Mix blue cheese and breadcrumbs together and sprinkle over fillets.
8. Place filets under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is browned and bubbling. Let sit for 10 minutes.
9. Serve with warmed port wine sauce.
Receive updates on events, vineyard news and wine releases. We would love to stay connected with you. Join our email list by filling out your email in the space provided or feel free to call us at 707.433.4050.